Yad Sarah picks up where other medical, legal and social services programs leave off—and often before they start.
With dedicated help from 7,000+ volunteers, Yad Sarah is Israel’s largest volunteer-staffed organization. Operating in more than 100 branches located throughout every corner of Israel, Yad Sarah provides a range of compassionate care to 600,000 people in Israel annually at life’s most critical and transitional moments.
Yad Sarah provides a fully integrated range of medical equipment and home-based healthcare support services such as equipment loans, legal aid, and transportation - all for free or at nominal cost. In addition to home hospital support services, special equipment for new parents and rehabilitation for people recovering from illness or injury, special programs support vulnerable communities such as the frail elderly, the homebound, victims of terror and domestic abuse, and children and adults with special needs.
Some of the most popular services include:
- Lending out hundreds of thousands of items such as wheelchairs, crutches, and oxygen machines;
- Driving the sick and injured to medical appointments;
- Helping people with disablilities regain their independence through therapeutic programming at the Day Rehabilitation Centers;
- Staffing an emergency home alarm center with thousands of subscribers;
- Providing free legal aid to thousands of at-risk elderly through the Yad Riva Legal Services program;
- Offering after-school programming and parental guidance for families with children with disabilities;
- Extending therapeutic support for couples and families coping with domestic violence;
- and offering free or low cost dental care to homebound older adults.
Yad Sarah’s annual operating budget is financed almost completely by charitable giving. More than 70 percent of the organization’s annual budget is raised within Israel. No ongoing government assistance is received.
Your gift will help provide a vital array of compassionate health and home care services for people of all ages in Israel! Please visit the Support Our Mission Page to learn more about how you can include Yad Sarah in your planned giving and philanthropic portfolios.
NEW LAW: Federal economic stimulus legislation may affect your giving. Special Tax Incentives for Giving